Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Poster, in progress

I won't be in class tomorrow because I'll be in my last interview of the quarter! However, I'd appreciate any feedback on my poster.

I want to make it LOOK stylistically like a band/show poster, which I will illustrate over the weekend, but for now, I have the content mapped out. What I mean stylistically here. The visual concept will include a fantasy-style castle, surrounded by a moat (trying to get at ideas of security and bridging the gap... get it?)

CONTENT:
"music has an abstract quality which speaks to a worldwide audience in a wonderful way that nourishes the soul." -Jim Henson

Like house parties, bars, galleries, and cafes for adults, youth music spaces are the places for young people to be social and mix their personal growth within the cultural context they are most comfortable with. Outside of these spaces, young people have few other venues to participate in music and art, develop leadership skills, and discover and define their cultural identity on their own terms.
- All-ages Movement Project

(Title) Boy Turned Bouncer
(Subtitle) Understanding issues of security in youth-focused live music spaces & how to engage youth in making it safe

Objectives
1. Identify and define key differences between all-ages/youth‑focused and standard music events
2. Discuss implications of those differences on security issues & policies
3. Identify ways to engage youth in these ssues of security

0 comments:

Post a Comment