- Age limits: Underage dances (allowing those under 18 to attend) may only admit patrons age 15-20 unsupervised. Anyone younger would require a parent or guardian chaperone, anyone older would need to accompany a youth under 18.
- Security requirement: Two off-duty officers were required on premises, with one off-duty officer outside to patrol the area.
- Insurance: $1,000,000 in liability insurance;
Also, any event with dancing was considered a dance.
Excluding adults from underage youth would create a "bubble of safety.
The "new" All Ages Dance Ordinate:
[click here for full text]
- replaced the Teenage Dance Ordinate
- a definition of a dance as an event where dancing is the primary activity intended
- allowing all-ages events to occur absent any alcohol served
- requiring only the requesting of off-duty officers at an event, to be granted by the Seattle Police Guild
- elimination of the $1 million insurance requiremen
Better? Yes. Good enough? Nope.